Monday, March 14, 2011

My Shopping Monday

Hey y'all!  I hope you all got your Sunday papers filled with coupons yesterday.  There are some good ones!  Well, I do my shopping on Mondays.  Usually.  At least, that's the goal.  Somehow, regardless of previous preparation, I end up having my day consumed with list making, coupon clipping, and last minute deal organizing.  So, this would be a good time to stop and thank my wonderful husband for watching the babies when he got in from work while I holed up in the bedroom working on my crazy list!  He truly is the best!  Anyway, I usually go shopping on Monday night after the kiddos are in bed.  I didn't realize quite how predictable I was until last week when the ladies at Kroger said, "You're here early tonight!"  Too funny!

Last week I shared the deals for the week from the Kroger and Gardner's ads.  A lot of the deals I got tonight were from those ads.  Also, I have some deals lined up from the Walgreens ad that came out Sunday, but I ran out of time and didn't make it there tonight.  Maybe we'll have "Walgreens Wednesday" this week!  (I'm such a nerd...)  I am anxious to see how the coupons and Register Rewards I have lined up go this week.  More about that later.

Anyway, the big buzz around the blog this past week has been about Kroger taking both a digital coupon and a paper coupon for the same item.  It has been confirmed here in my neck of the woods!  It works!  So, one of our fellow couponistas posted her deals she got at Kroger as a comment on my previous post.  Check it out!  Here are some of the deals I got this week (they're all from Kroger):

  • Cascade Action Pacs - 0.50 digital coupon + 0.50 paper coupon that was doubled = Final cost: 2.50
  • Bounty Paper Towels 8 ct. - 2.00 digital coupon = Final cost:  3.99
  • 5 Totino's Party Pizzas - 1.00 off 5 coupon = Final cost:  0.80 each
  • 2 packages Kroger Shredded cheese - Buy 1 @ 3.00 Get 1 free = 1.50 each
  • Febreze Room Spray - 1.00 digital coupon + 1.00 paper coupon = 0.50
  • Febreze Set & Refresh Air Freshener - 1.00 digital coupon + 1.00 paper coupon = 0.50
  • Febreze Fabric Refresh - 1.00 digital coupon + 1.00 paper coupon = 0.99
  • Pampers Wipes - 1.00 digital coupon + 1.00 paper coupon = 0.69
  • 2 boxes of Gushers - 0.50 off 2 digital coupon + 0.50 off 2 paper coupon that doubled = 1.25 each
  • 2 boxes Pillsbury Toaster Strudel - 0.50 off 2 digital coupon + 0.60 off 2 paper coupon that doubled = 1.15 each
  • Crest Pro-Health Toothpaste - 1.00 digital coupon + 0.50 paper coupon that doubled = 0.50
  • Betty Crocker Cookie Mix - 0.40 digital coupon + 0.40 paper coupon that doubled = 1.19
  • Yoplait Splitz Yogurt - 0.75 off 2 digital coupon + 0.50 off 2 paper coupon that doubled = 1.12 each
I missed out on one deal because they were out!  Pizza Rolls (15 ct.) are 10 for $10.  I had 0.40 off 2 digital coupon + 0.40 off 2 paper coupon that doubled which would have made them 0.40 each.

Thanks so much to my friend who showed me some of these deals!  I had fun!  Don't forget, these Kroger sales end Tuesday night.  They sometimes carry over some of the same sales, but you never know.  Some of these sales have already been going on for a couple of weeks.  Get what you can while you can!  Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment